Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another Day

I've been struggling with a lot of things lately, some of them personal but most of them related to my writing. I go through dark periods like this every once in a while, but I think I'm starting to come out of this one.

It's just that I don't always think I have enough to say or anything deep to report on the blog, so I don't update. I haven't been writing lately, which is a bit of a bother. But it doesn't appear to be a block or anything like that as much as it's just laziness on my part. But I talked to a friend last night who helped me see some things in a bit of a different light and I'm more motivated now than I was.

I've tentatively put tomorrow down as a Big Writing Day. I'm clearing my calender of everything I can and will set aside the day to finish my latest story, "Fishing the Styx". It's been weighing on my mind too much, has been more difficult to write than I ever expected. So tomorrow is The Day. I'll just sit down and finish it, come what may. Not that I expect it will be a tough slog or anything. I actually believe it will go quite well. But it needs to be done so I can get back to writing the Haxan stories.

I also have two stories that have come back and I need to send them out to other editors. Not a big deal, but it's the kind of office work that I find imminently boring. Part of being a writer, though.

I know. It's not all perfume and roses, lol, who'd a thunk it?

I'm actually looking forward to working on the story tomorrow. I'm ready to get beyond it and it's ready to be finished. I can't do it today because I have some personal things that need attention, but tomorrow, as Scarlett sez, is always another day....

No comments: