Monday, September 15, 2008

Story Finished!

I finished the new Haxan story, "Till Death Do Us Part" this afternoon. I'm still getting over this cold, but I felt guilty not working on the story even though I probably could have used another three or four days to build up my strength and health. I'm not saying this to show how committed I am, just to note that if I was feeling guilty for not writing then I must have been doing better than I felt.

This is one of the few stories I have ever written that is slated for a specific (and themed) market. Mostly, I wanted to prove to myself I could do it. Along with the length, right at 2,000 words, it was a bit of a challenge but I don't mind challenging myself when I write. It helps keep me interested.

If all I did was write the same story over and over I would bore myself. I like finding new ways to tell stories, and I think I did it in this short story.

So I'm pretty satisfied with what I accomplished. Now I can turn my attention to a new story. I know I said earlier I was going to write something different -- something non-Haxan -- and I think I will. It should be a nice change, a sort of break. Then I can go back to Haxan.

I'm not done with that town yet. Not by a damn sight.

No comments: