Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rewrite Request

Beneath Ceaseless Skies wants me to rewrite "Haxan" and resubmit. I thought about this all day yesterday, if A.) I wanted to do that, and B.) How I would do that.

I thought about it and figured out "B" easy enough. "A" was a little more difficult because I didn't want to make the story into something it wasn't meant to be. But after thinking about it I realized all they really want is to have some of the supernatural elements front-loaded in the story. I can see their concern with the current story structure and don't have a problem with fixing that.

I always approach a rewrite request with the same metric: Will this make the story better? If I'm convinced it does then I don't have a problem with a rewrite. This rewrite request doesn't really help the story much, in my estimation, but it doesn't hurt it, either. So on that basis I don't have a problem giving them what they want.

I'll be working on this today.

No comments: