Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First of Three Stories Down. Two Left in the Thunderdome!

I started and finished "In the Image of His Maker" today. It came in at 4,000 words. I'm satisfied with how it turned out except I swear I have NO idea where I'm going to sell it. Grr.

I suppose I could drive up the psychological aspect a bit and blood it up some. That might open up some markets. I'll probably do that anyway. And if I'm really pressed I might be able to trowel some dark fantasy through there, but then that might end up changing the story into something it wasn't meant to be in the first place, and I'm loathe to do that.

Eh. What can you do. The story had to be written. I had to write it. Nothing I can do about that. I might be able to go back in a week or two and fiddle with it. We'll see. I can't obsess over that right now.

Tomorrow I start on "Wuthering" or "Grand Guignol" either of which will be a straight up dark fantasy. Yes, Haxan, too. They're all Haxan. Everything's Haxan. Blood, dust, wind.

Okay, tired now. Bed.

blood, dust, wind
blood, dust, wind
blood, dust, wind
...

2 comments:

Jenn Nixon said...

Congrats! get some sleep!

Kenneth Mark Hoover said...

I can't, I have to keep going!