Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Man, is there ever some nasty stuff swimming around in the Styx

Finished the story. Done done. I'm glad and relieved. Now it's in the hands of my first readers and I can concentrate on a new story. Yep. We're going back to Haxan.

Someone asked me what the new Haxan story will be about. I gave my standard reply: "Oh, probably guns and wind and dust."

Then I got to thinking, Hey, maybe that was too flip. Then I thought some more and realized, Nope, that's about right.

Another friend remarked "Santa Claus doesn't come to Haxan."

I think that says it all.

Welcome to Haxan. It's a rough town. But somebody's gotta tell their stories. I got picked. What am I supposed to do? I can't ignore them. These people are talking to me. I have to tell what I hear.

Anyway, the next story has the working title of "White Hawk" and I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow. I'll make a few notes tonight, though.

No comments: