Friday, July 18, 2008

Writing Weekend

I came to New Iberia to see my Great Uncle. But while I'm here I'll use the extra time I have to work on my new story, "High Moon". I don't know how much I'll get done, but I am looking forward to making some progress on it over the next couple of days.

Earlier to day I heard back from an agent who wanted to see a partial of my novel. She said it didn't grab her they way she expected so she decided to pass. I'm not disappointed. If anything I'm relieved my query letter grabbed her attention enough to request a partial. If I could get her interested in it I can get another...and maybe they will want to represent me.

Eh, you have to try and keep an optimistic attitude in this business. Otherwise, the reality of what you're going up against looms over you like a thunderhead.

No comments: